VA Mortgage – Apply for a VA Loan Online
VA Home Mortgage Loans
Veterans may apply for special home mortgages that offer superior loan terms.
Easy to Qualify · Special Low Rates · 100% Financing · Fast and Easy Process.
You served your country, and at the very least in return for your service you deserve special home buying opportunities. VA loans offer incredible home buying programs for qualifying active duty military and veterans. This includes the potential of buying a home without any down payment, receiving lower rates, and other special loan terms offered exclusively to members and veterans of the US military.
Some of the home loan perks that veterans are entitled to are:
- 100% Financing – You may be able to purchase a home with no money down. The amount you can borrow without putting any money down varies from county to county, with most being the standard conforming limit of $417,000. For high cost areas, this number goes all the way up to $1,000,000.
- No PMI – Save thousands of dollars over the life of your loan by not having to pay private mortgage insurance, which is required on all FHA loans and conventional mortgages over 80% LTV. This is a huge money saving benefit of VA loans.
- Competitive Rates – The VA backs your home loan which allows mortgage lenders and banks the incentive to provide you with special loans to finance your home purchase or refinance your existing mortgage.
- Less Credit Restrictions – VA loans are seldom denied a loan simply based off of a low credit score. If your “file” has redeeming factors you may still qualify for a VA loan in situations where you might otherwise be turned down. If you are refinancing, it is very important that you have 12 months with no late mortgage payments though. Even late payments are not an automatic cause for denial though.
- IRRRL – Veterans that are currently in a VA loan may qualify for the IRRRL program. IRRRL stands for Interest Rate Reduction Refinance Loan. The VA IRRRL program is also referred to as a VA streamline refinance. This loan carries many benefits, such as low fees, lower than usual interest rates, and easy processing. These loans do not require you to submit an appraisal, and there is no requirements for credit review and underwriting.
- Best Cash Out Refinance – Veterans who quality for a VA loan may be eligible to cash out up to 100% of their equity. This is a significant “perk” of VA loans since other cash out refinance programs are restricted to 80% or 80% LTV. The VA mortgage cash out refinance also tends to have lower rates than most other cash out loans.
The money military members and veterans can save on their home loans is outstanding. The combination of lower rates and no PMI equates to a vast amount of money saved overtime. If you would like to calculate what your expected monthly payment will be, use our VA mortgage calculator below.
To use the VA loan calculator, enter in the required information and view the calculated data. This includes how much the VA funding fee will cost you based on your down payment and loan amount. To find out what your interest rate will be, as well as all other pertinent information related to your VA loan, give us a call or apply online. To apply online, start by sending us a request via the web form on this page and we will help efficiently process your loan application.
Calculate Your VA Loan Payment
VA Mortgage Calculator
Total Monthly Payment
|VA base loan amount||$0|
|VA funding fee||$0|
|VA total loan amount||$0|
|Principal & interest||$0|
How to Apply for a VA Home Loan:
We would be glad to assist you in the process of checking your eligibility for a VA mortgage loan, as well as pre-qualifying you for a VA home purchase loan or refinancing program. The first step is to speak verify your eligibility. We will assist you through this process, and then help you get prequalified for a VA home loan. You can review your options, learn about how much you can borrow, and discuss other matters with your loan specialist.
VA Loan Eligibility Requirements
In order to be eligible for a VA loan, you must meet the requirements that are established by the Veterans Administration. These are the basic requirements, but each application is looked at on a case by case basis. You may be able to qualify even if you do not meet these guidelines. Conversely, even if you do meet these, it is not an automatic approval to obtain a VA loan.
- Certificate of Eligibility – VA loans are strictly available for active duty military members, veterans, and certain military spouses. The VA states that you must have served 90 days of active duty, or 180 days during peacetime. We can help you obtain your certificate of eligibility (COE), or you can submit VA Form 26-1880 to the Veterans Administration to receive your copy.
- Credit History– There is a degree of flexibility in what sort of credit scores will be needed in order to receiving VA home financing. There are even instances where veterans have qualified to buy a home with no credit established at all. Service members and veterans who have less than perfect credit will be glad to know that credit is not as important of a factor as it is with other loan products, such as conventional home loans. However, most applicants will need a 600 credit score or higher (regardless of the VA approved mortgage lender).
- Income Requirements – You must be able to demonstrate the capacity to pay your new mortgage payment. There isn’t any specific amount of income that is required. What is more important is sufficient job history and a low enough DTI ratio (debt-to-income ratio). Your mortgage payment and other monthly debts should not exceed 41% of your income.
Below are the US states that we offer VA home loans in:
Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Kansas, Louisiana, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming.